Juveniles are any individuals ages 16 and younger. Juveniles cited for traffic violations are subject to the same penalties and Court procedures as adults and will be scheduled for the adult court calendar. The Municipal Court also has jurisdiction over persons less than 17 years of age charged with non-traffic Ordinance violations, State Statue violations and truancy regardless of age. Juveniles have the same rights with respect to pleas. They have a right to a private, or closed hearing, but may waive this right. Forfeitures may be entered against juveniles. If the offense is alcohol or drug related, in addition to a forfeiture, the juvenile’s driving privileges may also be suspended. 

Juveniles charged with violating a City of Glendale or Village of Bayside Ordinance or violating a Wisconsin State Statute, will receive a citation indicating a specific date for appearance. This appearance is mandatory and requires appearance with a parent or legal guardian. Should you wish to seek legal counsel, your attorney should notify the Court in writing of their legal representation and plea prior to your court date. The cost of an attorney to represent you is solely your responsibility. The Court will not appoint an attorney for you. 

Upon arrival, check in with the Court Officer. You will meet with the Prosecuting Attorney to discuss your case. If you reach a resolution, the Prosecuting Attorney will indicate your agreement on a piece of paper called a Stipulation and Order. If an agreement is reached, you will be given a copy of a "Stipulation" or emailed a copy of your agreement, that the Judge will review later, however, the Judge is not bound by this Stipulation. If the Judge rejects your Stipulation, you may be notified to appear before the court on a later date. It is your legal responsibility to update the court with your current mailing address [800.035(2)(a)5].

Should you not reach an agreement with the Prosecuting Attorney, a Trial will be scheduled for another date; granting you and the City/Village time to prepare and to notify all witnesses needed to proceed with trial.

If you fail to appear and have not entered a written plea of Not Guilty or obtained an adjournment for another date, the Court can issue a summons, issue a warrant for your arrest and appearance, or enter a default judgment. A default notice will be mailed to the last known address the Court has on file. 

Failure to comply with the sentence imposed by the Court by the due date indicated may result in one or more of the following at the Court’s discretion: reinstatement of the original charge, reinstatement or increase of the original forfeiture, suspension of your driving privileges or other consequences. Your debt may be certified with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue for failure to pay all costs and forfeitures Ordered.

Please contact the Court Clerk at your convenience with additional questions or concerns. Thank you.