OWI/BAC Cases Only

If you are charged with operation a motor vehicle while intoxicated, while impaired or while operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration in excess of .08, and if your plea is NOT GUILTY, you have the right to request a jury trial.

To request a jury trial, you must file a written Jury Demand within ten (10) days of the date on which you pled NOT GUILTY. Your payment must accompany your Jury Demand and jury fee. Your case will then be transferred to the Milwaukee County Circuit Court. That Court will notify you of the jury trial date.

The statutory penalties resulting from conviction for your first offense include: a) A forfeiture; b) revocation of your driving privileges for six (6) to nine (9) months; c) six (6) point added to you driving record, and; d) a referral for an alcohol assessment. If you were operation a commercial motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration in excess of .04% or more, in addition to other penalties that may be imposed, you will be disqualified from operation a commercial motor vehicle.
​Failure to appear for will result in a default judgment being entered against you.  The court may increase your forfeiture, order restitution for damages/losses, and /or assess additional costs and fees for the City of Glendale or Village of Bayside's expenses to prepare for a trial.  In addition, a warrant may be issued for your detention.