Household Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste

Bring your hazardous waste, such as pesticides, solvents, automotive fluids and other potentially harmful chemicals to the permanent facility. 

Click here for a list of items that you can bring to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility, as well as the times and locations for drop-off. .

The permanent collection site is sponsored by the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District. For more information, please call (414) 225-2066 or visit the MMSD website.

What Do Residents Do With Paint Cans?

Latex paint can be dried out and thrown in the normal garbage. To dry the paint out, pour a thin layer in a box lined with a plastic bag. Newspaper or kitty litter will help absorb more paint in the box. When the paint in the box is dry, pour in another layer of paint until the can is empty. Discard the dried paint in the garbage. Make sure to take the lid off before throwing the empty can in the garbage.

Oil-based paint cans need to be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.

What Do Residents Do with Used Motor Oil?

Residents may dispose of used motor oil by bringing it to the Department of Public Works garage. An attendant is on duty from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please enter from North Glen Park Road on the north end of the building.